Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cat on Glass

I found this glass table top in the trash and being the recycler that I am I couldn't just leave it, I didn't know what I was going to do with it but sending it to the landfill was a waste in my opinion.

 I learned of this wonderful place called The Cat House on the Kings it's a no kill shelter, rescue for cats in California, I'm subscribed to their newsletter and I learned of an auction they were holding to raise funds. So being a cat person I thought what could I create that I could donate to them to help?  
I had seen drawings like these online and thought a cat drawn in that style would be great, I looked a several possible mediums, but the glass was the coolest in my opinion, so I started painting the cat on the glass free hand it took several tries and a friends suggestion to get what you see, then the backing cut from a pallet and hand crafting the brass hardware.  Sadly it did not sell, and in being shipped I discovered the mounts I made didn't hold up in shipping, so currently it is being refitted with more durable mounts.





No comments:

Post a Comment