Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tabasco Wrap

A re envisioning of the cord wrapped wine bottles. That sums up the reason I did this. I was browsing the web and saw cord wrapped wine bottles, as I have said I like mechanical things and repeating patterns are part of that, but I wanted something with more color, so I rummaged through my junk drawer and found a small ball of nylon construction twine, it took a few tries, finding out which end to start from was one, my cat companions was the cause of another restart. Finishing the bottom was another headache, but I wrapped it in masking tape and painted it to match, then covered the whole thing in fabric glue to hold it together. I guess you could refill it, but I see it more as a very bright knick knack / conversation piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment