Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Decorative Table Lamp

         
I was working a remodel job and part of it was to tear out this old yard light, the globe section was on a short post, it was coated in paint and had a fronted globe inside I asked the guy if he wanted it, he said "no" so I took it home and began the clean up, it only had one bolt holding the two halves together so I made three new bolts from new hardware. My original idea was to mount  it to a wooden body and accent it with brass, but while picking through a D.A.V store I found this inexpensive imported floor lamp that had the perfect foot for my creation, in fact I was so excited I never took any pictures of it's creation. I took the wiring from the floor lamp did some modifications to it and fitted it to my lamp. This was my first creation I ever did I'm very proud of it. Not long after I showed it on a message board, it was purchased by a man in California, he wrote the following.

When Joel tells you that he's an artist who creates with found objects, he ain't kiddin'. I have in my possession the marvelous desk lamp that Joel posted a photo of a several weeks ago. It's one-of-a-kind, springing as it did from his fertile mind, and it is already inspiring me to clean up my office so that assorted junk won't compete with it for attention. Needless to say, I have never seen anything like it. It's globular structure appeals to my sense of symmetry, while its ornate twists and turns fit perfectly with my taste for the baroque. No doubt about it, Joel is an artist.

R. Hennessey


                         





No comments:

Post a Comment