Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pressed Flower

My creative ability makes me feel odd at times. I had bought a few of those mini Pecan pies and after I ate one I looked at the little aluminum pan it was in, a shame to just fill up the land fill with this. My mind cross references all types of things that's the only way to explain it, as I studied the lines in the pan it struck me as to how flower like it was, it was only a matter of time till I was carefully flattening it and working on what to make the rest of the flower from. Since the petals of the flower was a cast off item the rest of the flower must be " trash" as well I began trying cardboard, finally settling on the heavier type with a corrugated center, by wetting and peeling layers and folding I got what I wanted. Since the pan was flattened I thought that it needed to be in a frame like a displayed pressed flower, hence the name. This piece was given to a friend in Canada to brighten her day.






No comments:

Post a Comment